Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Stripes

The striped vest is blocking, ready to be sewn together. I even started matching socks, but have to rip back; I mis-counted the ribbing I need in between cables. Re-starting will be quick, though.

...depending on how many re-starts! It took me four tries, but I have the formula now. (I promptly got sloppy when picking up in the "beneath" row to line up the colors and will have to rip back again, but these do knit up quickly.)

I'll publish the pattern when the socks are finished.

They might be too bulky to wear in anything but my snow boots, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to show them off in my brown loafers. If they really are too much material, I might start again on a smaller needle. I also have another design idea for the heel, which will render it smaller.

No comments: