Monday, January 12, 2009

I Can Do It

Another several hours and some help from a LYS and I picked up again on row 64. Yesterday was knit, do something else, knit, do something else...

As of this morning, post breakfast, I am within two rows of finishing the chart. The raglan shaping went longer than indicated in the pattern, so I will probably add buttons at the neckline (across the top of the shoulder).

All-in-all, it's coming along. I'll have time tonight to work on it, so with luck (this includes cats in a cooperative mood) I will finish the neckline shaping and weave in all of the ends.

If I'm really on the ball, it might even get washed and blocked tonight, but I wouldn't make book on that!

Inauguration Day is next Tuesday, January 20th. The day before that is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.

I wish I could be in Washington for this. A colleague is going...at least I'll get a second-hand report!

Thanks, United States. We're not "there" yet, world, but we're working on it.

No comments: