Tuesday, January 13, 2009

On Target

I finished the front and wove in the ends last night! Tonight I'll wash & block it; my workroom is cold, so it will take a few days to dry.

It can be sewn together on Saturday, and re-blocked on Sunday. Whew! (Barring disaster...but I'm not going there.)

There was a nice surprise waiting for me yesterday evening when I got home. The first three Harry Potter books, on audio, as read by Stephen Fry! My mother and nephews sent gift certificates to Amazon.uk for Christmas, and thanks to some sales I really scored. The other four will cost considerably more, but I will probably get one or two more sometime this year.

The Stephen Fry version is not available in the US or Canada. I've heard some of Jim Dale's readings; they're very good, but I am a huge fan of Stephen Fry and really wanted his work instead.

Listening to Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone certainly made weaving in go faster than usual. That's what audio books are for (that, and commuting).



Right now I'm working on a pair of leaf green ankle socks in a subtle twisted stitch stripe, and planning a vest with that Lion Brand Wool. I can't decide whether to go with stripes or Fair Isle at this point. Stripes would certainly be easier, but I've been mesmerized by the Fair Isle sweaters that make up the 40's casts' wardrobes in Goodnight, Sweetheart. Granted, thin stripes are just as period-correct, and they'd be fun too.

All decisions should be this important.

No comments: