Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bored yet?

I can't help myself...this will be a DIY home improvement blog for a while.

Very little knitting going on, though I manage about 15 or 20 minutes a day at lunch during the week. All I want to knit is lace! Right now I'm at Decision Point with a lace scarf in the Milanese lace stitch. Should I cast off and add a bit of trim? Keep knitting? (Long lace scarves don't wear well, in my experience.)

The stole (Christmas gift) has become boring, but I really should get back to it.

And I'm half-way on the finishing for the Retro Redux shrug from Lace Style. The sleeves are seamed and I'm in the midst of picking up for the outer ribbing. It won't take long to finish, but I just haven't worked on it in a couple of weeks.

When we're really settled in the house I'll be knitting by the fire!

As for the house...well, I just want to run away from work and paint. Then when I've done all I can (long drying time with oil based paints) I want to work on the front.

And buy mums. Bronze mums. Lots of them. And planters for them. And urns.

I want to strip the front door, and measure the hardware I need to replace on the cabinets for the kitchen. And work on the door for the dining room built-in, and....

I certainly don't want to be at work! (But to be fair, without this job we'd never have managed to save enough to get the house. Catch 22, at your service. Though as jobs go, I like this one.)

No comments: