Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Still managing

I made the chili and the pumpkin bread last night. And all the rest on my list.

November 1st is for full collapse!

There were a few alterations. For the bread, I used half regular unbleached flour, and half whole wheat pastry flour (+ 2 tbl.).

For the chili, I used mushroom stock. And two onions...I should have done the three. Another thing--vermouth instead of beer, as I was afraid the beer would have gluten in it.

I roasted the peppers under the broiler, and was quite conservative, for me, in adding the hot ones. Couldn't find decent fresh tomatoes, so I added a scant 1/4 cup of chopped sun dried tomatoes. Used two cans of tomato, 2 boxes of stock (organic, GF) and 4 cloves of garlic.

Everything turned out well, but I'll be cooking the chili for another few hours to deepen the flavor. The beans will be added in the last half hour or so.

I brought some into work for a few people, so we'll have a taste test at lunch.

No comments: