Thursday, October 02, 2008

In

We are in.

We picked up the last things and the cats at midnight (how appropriate) on Tuesday/Wednesday, and went to bed in the house at about 2:30 in the morning.

My "day off" yesterday paid off. The kitchen is at 90%, and we even have the dining room set up, though the art isn't hung yet, and I need to repair the door to the china cabinet and hang it. (There's painting to do, too, but that will have to wait a week or two.)

Upstairs is still a disaster area, and the living room looks like a burgled storage facility.

The cats are adjusting well, although Than Chai still has his moments of doubt. Fa Sing, though, is in heaven. He's never seen so much to 'splore, and the square footage delights him.

If I ever find the camera, I'll take some photos to post.

I am very pleased with the kitchen. It looks good, and so far it's easy to work in. I'll need to switch a few things around, no doubt, but for the most part it's been easy to see where things belong.

The "new" stove and fridge are delightful. New appliances, bah. My stove is around 68 years old, and the fridge is 75, and they work like a dream. My orange juice is kept so cold that it gave me an ice cream headache yesterday. Ice cubes take a while, but they'll stay frozen.

Tonight: the first cocktail!

No comments: