Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Over the river and through the woods

Thanksgiving preparations are moving right along.

I got everything on my list, even wine and port and Calvados, diced and dried the bread for dressing, and made the cranberry polenta tart (recipe from the New York Times, November 14, 2007).

Tonight is vegetable prep. The turkey breast is thawed and in the fridge, and I still need to see to the linens and silver and crystal, but as it's just the two of us for dinner that won't take very long.

The Hope sweater is still moving along. Slow-but-steady. I am Turtle Knits.

Tomorrow I'm still getting up close to my usual time (5:00...might push it back to 6:00) so that I can go running before I launch myself into dinner workings.

I also have a confession to make:

I listened to Christmas music last night. (And two productions of the Lux Radio Theater...Miracle on 34th Street and Holiday Affair.)

2 comments:

Vintage Scans said...

Ho ho ho Madam! Hmm, what knitting project would I like to see on here? Maybe some woollen bifurcated leg-apparel?
x

Eileen said...

I AM planning on knitting *stockings* at some point...but they are not exactly a quick knit.

So I buy woolen tights! (Anyone confused by this, check out my link to The Social Club forums.)