Thursday, January 16, 2020

Art Deco Diva Cooks...Still

It's been a particularly long time. Three years (one whole post in 2017), so does that count? I'm not sure.

However, I am finally back on to the cookbook. Working title: "Art Deco Diva Cooks:   20th Century Cooking and Homemaking for the 21st Century".

There's something to be said for an old fashioned paper copy, even if it is scribbled by hand and in a clunky binder. There it is, and no amount of power outages or viruses will erase it.

Right now I'm back at the very beginning; yesterday I finished typing out the chapter pages and am well into the cocktails section of Beverages.

Getting it into something I can manipulate easily is the first step. Then it's onto deciding for certain on the recipes, and then there's asking people to help me test, and working out photos, and researching agents, and--oh, lots more.

But it really is a new beginning, and that's a good thing.

If any of you have a particular fondness for something I make, please feel free to ask me to include it. Chances are that it will already be on the list, but not necessarily, as this rough draft was compiled some time ago, and I keep adding new things to my cooking repertoire.


No comments: