Sunday, June 20, 2010

Caroline Cloche

This pattern is from Popknits...which is no longer publishing, sad to say, but is still available online.

It's the hat in the center (being the only knitted topper). I used 100% silk yarn instead of Silky Wool, and the trim is silk. The badge is embroidered in a pattern from one of my 30s needlework books--I used mercerized cotton. The trim around the badge is from my stash. According to the receipt it was wound around, it's from 1941. The badge is backed with facing, which I applied after embroidery, but before the edging.

I dipped the hat in heavy starch before blocking, and it's unlined.

(The photo was taken at Chifferobe's Bayoo Ballyhoo...I am sorry, but at the moment I can't track down the photographer's name.)


Batty said...

Very pretty, works perfectly with your outfit!

Eileen said...

Thank you very much. I had fun making it.