Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Socks, socks, socks

Well, I'm not the Yarn Harlot, with her sock-a-day for the upcoming Knitty Gritty, but I am a minor addict.

Last week I finished my BiL's Yankee insignia socks, and the first of a pair for DH is close to being finished, too.

But I want more socks for me. To that end, I planned out a pair today. I cast on at lunch. They'll have some spruce colored Regia for the top of the ribbing, the body will be in Zarina baby merino (soooo soft, it's what I used for the Yankee socks), and the heel flaps and toes will also be in the spruce; it's left over from a pair I made in September.

Most of the body will be stockinette, but I've worked out a diamond pattern to travel down the front of the leg and the instep. As we're driving to an inn in Maine for our Thanksgiving dinner, I'll have plenty of knitting time tomorrow!

No comments: