Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Knit Your Bit Scarf

It's done. I did the finishing last night, after quite a few false starts. I was going to use (evil) crochet to turn the golden brown ends into a brown and white plaid, but...oy.

Let's just say I won't be winning any awards for my crochet "skills". I spent plenty of time bitchin' at the SnB last night, chaining, then ripping out. Then chaining...then ripping out...

Finally I brought it home. Ripped out all of the crochet, put in clusters of fringe at all four corners, and knotted each bunch of fringe together to make tassels. There! Now it's a little more unified. The tassels just need to be trimmed, a new picture taken, and I can send it off to the WWII Museum in New Orleans for vets.

No photos right now because my ancient laptop has decided it doesn't want to play nice with the camera. And the pictures will upload to my husband's computer...but then my online photo album won't accept them.

This will be a drab blog for a while.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

I can get the darned thing onto the camera, but getting it uploaded is something else entirely. What a pain! Thanks for the offer, though. :-)