Thursday, November 01, 2012

Safe from Sandy; No Blue Ribbon

First and foremost, I am happy to say that we personally, at least, got through Hurricane Sandy unscathed. Last year Irene left a lot of damage in her wake, including some beautiful old growth trees, but our part of Providence is in reasonable condition right now. We were exceptionally lucky; we didn't even lose power.

The pumpkin cooking/baking contest went on as planned at Seven Stars Bakery. I didn't win, but I did have a good time! There were some nice folks there, and excellent entries. One of the winners was a pumpkin hummus; also a pumpkin smoothie, and (though they got no prize) I particularly liked a version of lumpia, and a chicken-pumpkin stew.

The cake wasn't entirely consumed, either (pumpkin spice with maple cream cheese frosting), so we've had a few pieces. In fact, I had a piece for breakfast, yesterday. Maybe I'll do the same today...

No comments: