Thursday, December 24, 2009

Pattern: Superwash Potholders

Here's the pattern for the potholders shown in my previous post.

Materials:

Trekking fach (color 1802)*
Cascade 220 Superwash in forest green
*

No. 6 straight needles (American size)
Size G crochet hook


Stitch pattern (linen stitch):

Row 1 [RS]: (sl 1 wyib) *K1, sl 1 wyif*, end K1
Row 2 [WS]: (sl 1 wyib) K1, P1, *sl 1 wyib, P1*, end K1

Knit 79 rows in pattern. Bind off on WS in knit stitch.

Cut off working yarn and fasten off. (Leave at least 9" of yarn to work crocheted loop.)

At same corner as last BO stitch, work a chain of 20 loops. Fasten off. Weave in all loose ends.

These can be washed in cold water in the washer, but should be allowed to drip-dry.


*The Trekking sock yarn is a light DK weight, and the Cascade a light worsted, if you wish to substitute. I did not take a gauge measurement (and the ones I made are now wrapped up for the recipient) but the finished pieces are slightly larger than commercial potholders. I hate getting burns!

2 comments:

Batty said...

Thanks for the pattern! I'll keep this in mind for a quick in-between-projects project. Also looks like a good leftover yarn buster.

Merry Christmas!

Eileen said...

It is; very little yarn necessary. I'll bet I can still get a pair of anklets out of the Trekking!