Thursday, May 28, 2009

Birthdays and in-laws and all

I had a very nice birthday. My mother and father in-law came to visit. They drove in and stayed about an hour away, but we saw them on my birthday, the next day (Monday) and Wednesday. They've taken to estate sales and brought us a crazy brass dinner gone and other interesting thing. For my part, I loved the 30s sewing box; it's dark wood on a stand, perfect for moving around from room to room.

I have also found that I really like crewel embroidery. I found a pre-printed pattern on linen at a local thrift shop (crewel wool, as well) and finished it yesterday. At this point its final destination is unknown...pillow, bag, footstool...who knows?

Most local yarn shops don't carry embroidery supplies, but we were in Tiverton/Sakonnet on Sunday and Sakonnet Purls does; I found the last few colors I needed there. Today I also found a book on crewel embroidery. It's a good mix. History and how-to are mixed together almost seamlessly.

Other than that, not much. We did finish the bath and bedroom; pictures soon. They need uploading. (I'm lazy.)

Oh---last night DH & I went to see Star Trek,. It was very good. Lots of interesting back-story, and the casting exceptional.

No comments: