Thursday, October 09, 2008

On to the work room...almost a knitter again

We've slowed down a bit. It's tough to ignore a fireplace and two Siamese cats who want to fight over a lap while you read a book!

However, I just got an unexpected gift: Monday as a day off. With three days to work I should be able to get a lot done.

Once the work room is set up everything else should fall into place; my wardrobe (!), knitting, and all the rest.

I don't know what to cast on for first...I should probably finish some things. I have a lace scarf that needs either a bind-off or a new direction, the Retro Redux shrug from Lace Style, which is about an hour away from final finishing, and at least three orphan socks! Then there's a Christmas present that needs the rest of its yarn...if I can only find it.

Settling in to the work room will be a dream come true; a real retreat of my own, with my favorite old chair (the Martha chair*), which has been in storage for the past four years (DH hates it), but it's wonderful for sitting in with multiple cats. And it's going to be wonderful for knitting, too.



*It got that name as I used it in a production of "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolfe?" where I played Martha. It's a great chair for the stage!

No comments: