Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A Very Knitty Christmas

Obsess, and they will listen!

My DH, mother and sister all came up trumps. DH got me the Jane F. Neighbors Reversible Two Color Knitting (I've been taking it out of the library time and again since the spring). As it's out of print and highly desirable, it took some work on his part. And I am VERY grateful!

My mother got me the Knitting Pattern A Day Calendar (I already have it at the office) and also Nicky Epstein's newest, which is just gorgeous. Her books are the ne plus ultra for inspiration. My sister and her crew got me Barbara Walker's Second Treasury, which is my favorite.

DH also got me Cat Bordhi's Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles. Might not keep that, I don't care much for her writing style, and do prefer my DPNs. The patterns are charming, but I usually make up my own, anyway. And I got my selections from Crafter's Choice. They screwed up the order and are being anything but helpful about an exchange, so I will probably order the book they didn't send, which will fulfill my obligation, and close the account. With luck I can swap the one they did send for yarn!

DH was completely surprised by the hat. He could not believe I'd managed it almost under his nose. And then he got right up and tried it on immediately. That's the way to take a present! I finished his striped sweater vest, too. On Christmas Eve! So (after he insisted on trying it on) I wrapped it and put it under the tree.

The socks I started on Thanksgiving are a bust—for me, anyway. The heel is too narrow. (For me. That's just crazy!) Haven't decided whether to frog or do the second one and trade or gift it.

But I brought some new sock yarn and Sensational Knitted Socks in with me today. As well as DPNs in sizes 1, 2 and 3.

Oh, I did finish the Checkerboard Socks for Theresa. They'll be here on Friday, I can't wait 'til she opens them!

No comments: