Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Vintage Workout

In my efforts to lose the (unwelcome) reminders of last year's Christmas baking, I've been trimming down. Running, walking, stretching, all of that. But it's a pretty easy task this time of year, with the exception of the occasional heat wave--and even that can be trumped, if I'm willing to wake up early enough.

Winter in New England, though, can be a tough time to exercise out-of-doors--shoveling excepted, of course. Therefore, I've been on the lookout for some kind of very simple exercise bike, not necessarily vintage, but if the Fates are going to be kind and present one, well, I'm not the sort to say no.
The front badge is missing--no doubt it was taken off and sold separately--and the wheel is going to need repair, it's somewhat warped.

Still and all, pretty good pickings for $29.99, wouldn't you say?

3 comments:

Abe Lucas said...

Sam: "I had two heart attacks before I got the bicycle."

Sandy Bates: "And since then?"

Sam: "I also had two."

~from Stardust Memories (1980)

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

Oh, that's so strange! What a find! I'd love to get a bicycle, but I'm still trying to teach my youngest to ride a two-wheeler, and I can't go anywhere without him :)

SusieQT said...

Love the red and white colors! Usually they're boring beige or black- nice score!

I'm trying to lose some extra # the vintage way also, but the belt massager doesn't seem to be working, LOL....