Friday, June 24, 2011

Can She Bake A Cherry Pie?

Stay tuned to find out!

I've put one into production. (I've made the crust and put it to chill, and assembled the filling.)This year's Chifferobe Stars and Stripes event is featuring a pie contest, as last year's did. I won the "Mom's Best" award last year...that, and the empty pie tin, made me very happy! [See http://artdecodivaknits.blogspot.com/2010/07/raspberry-pie.html ]

Last year I made a red raspberry pie, so this year I'm going for cherry. I baked a test pie a few weeks ago, to take to a party, and it disappeared in short order, so I'm optimistic.

What's your favorite pie? Is it one you make yourself, or is it your mom's, aunt's, dad's?

1 comment:

SusieQT said...

If anyone can, she can can! :P

My all time fave is peach pie, but the last rhubarb pie I made was pretty darn good, if I do say so myself!